Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist
Company/organizationHelp Me Speak, LLC
Work locationEllicott City, MD
Work shift and days40hrs/wk; evenings 3-7 Mon to Thurs; 3-6 Fri; other days/times flexible
Job CategoryFull Time
Are you passionate about helping your clients to grow & improve? Does learning about & providing oromyofunctional & feeding treatment excite you? Great, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Collaborate with an SLP, COM® w/30 yrs of experience. Leave behind multiple clients per session with many different disabilities. Come have a seat at the table! Help to grow a team of collaborative SLPs. Plant your roots and grow your career w/HMS. Expand your earning potential as you help our clients & families grow & thrive!
In 1998, our founder, Barbara Taylor, M.S., CCC-SLP, COM® established Help Me Speak, LLC with one goal in mind – to make a difference in the life of each client. Here at Help Me Speak, LLC, our mission is to help people of all ages to improve their orofacial myofunctional, communication, & learning skills. We develop an individualized, optimized treatment plan based on a combination of techniques, research, & each client’s needs. Barbara is the first & only Certified Orofacial Myologist™ in Howard County and teaches, mentors, and supports her staff to continuously learn new techniques. Our clinic fosters an environment based on teamwork, collaboration, fun, and innovation. If you are searching for a clinic that is committed to success for both their staff and clients, then we want to speak with you!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Complete initial and regular client assessments & reassessments in a timely manner
- Develop & follow individualized plans of care based upon evaluation & reassessment
- Educate clients/parents in how/why skills occur & keep detailed records relating to client conditions.
- Assess clients regularly, monitor progress toward treatment goals, & modify plans as needed
- Bring the fun! Incorporate iPads, technology, & a wide variety of MANY toys/materials & creativity into your sessions.
- Promote a positive work environment & collaborate with team members on client care.
- Master’s in Speech Language Pathology required
- Licensed or able to become licensed in the state of Maryland for Speech-Language Pathology & ASHA CCCs
- 2-3 years of experience preferred, but passionate CFs are encouraged to apply
- Experience or training in the following is a plus: Oral swallowing, Oromyofunctional skills, Tongue tie, Talk Tools, PROMPT, Apraxia, ASD, Beckman, Kaufman, Lindamood-Bell, Wilson Reading, & Social Thinking
- Ability to independently treat clients by developing & following an established therapy plan of care
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated passion for building relationships with clients
- Self-starter, a strong level of ownership, accountability & clinical problem solving skills
What’s In It For You
- Competitive pay
- Eligibility for bonuses per pay period
- Yearly Profit-sharing
- Flexible scheduling from part time to full time
- Healthcare Stipend
- Paid time off
- Unlimited education opportunities
- **Training and mentorship opportunities with our owner, Barbara, who has 31 years of experience and 17 ACE awards
How we work with families during treatment:
Families are an integral part of our evaluation & treatment process. Parents &/or caregivers sit in or observe every session. Participation and carryover of learned skills is encouraged & facilitated.