Join the Community Ambassador Program
Community Ambassadors facilitate relationships with community members and bring awareness to pediatric feeding disorder. The Community Ambassador Program is dedicated to providing educational tools and resources to families and healthcare professionals about pediatric feeding disorder. This work is conducted through speaking presentations, one-on-one outreach, sharing resources at exhibitor tables during events, and researching potential partnerships for Feeding Matters.
Purpose and Impact:
Community Ambassadors serve the important role of raising awareness and linking Feeding Matters with the community by identifying outreach opportunities to spread Feeding Matters’ mission and programs.
- Comfortable with discussing Feeding Matters’ scope of reach to families and the healthcare community regarding pediatric feeding disorder
- Desire to promote Feeding Matters’ mission and programs
- Professional appearance and attire
Organized, flexible, and on-time
- Present information about Feeding Matters to the community at large and facilitate relationships
- Be extremely knowledgeable and positive about the mission and programs of Feeding Matters
- Influence community members to know more about the cause of pediatric feeding disorder
Identify outreach opportunities within your local community
Estimated Time Frame:
- We ask that Community Ambassadors make a minimum of a one year commitment
- Volunteer Orientation and Community Ambassador training typically takes 45 minutes to 90 minutes
- Community Ambassadors will be asked to complete supplemental materials to the orientation and training prior to when outreach begins
- Impact your community with a minimum of 1 outreach per quarter
Participate in quarterly conference calls
Presentations can be virtual or in-person. Outreach opportunities will be in your community.
- Networking opportunities and involvement in the community
- Make an impact and bring awareness to pediatric feeding disorder
- Reimbursement of mileage and expenses (with authorization)
- Offer hope and insights to families, individuals, and medical professionals